- 2016 – present, Ph.D., Department of Fisheries and Wildlife (focus on Landscape Limnology), Michigan State University.
- 2009 – 2012, M.S., Deparment of Marine Science, University of Texas. thesis.
- 2004 – 2008, B.S., Department of Marine Science, University of Maine. thesis
- 2012 – 2016, Research Scientist, South Florida Water Management District
- Water quality modelling, curating environmental databases, and developing custom GIS visualization tools.
- Ward, N.K., Fitchett, L., Hart, J.A., Shu, L., Stachelek, J., <10 authors>, Weathers, K.C. 2018. Integrating fast and slow processes is essential for simulating human-freshwater interactions. Ambio.
- Wilson, B.J., Servais, S., <10 authors>, Stachelek J., Troxler, T. 2018. Salinity pulses interact with seasonal dry‐down to increase ecosystem carbon loss in marshes of the Florida Everglades. Ecological Applications.
- Mazzei, V., Gaiser, E., Kominoski, J., <7 authors> , Stachelek J., Troxler, T. 2018. Functional and compositional responses of periphyton mats to simulated saltwater intrusion in the southern Everglades. Estuaries and Coasts.
- Stachelek J., Kelly, S.P, Sklar, F., Coronado, C.M., Troxler, T., Bauman, L. 2018. In-situ simulation of sea-level rise impacts on coastal wetlands using a flow-through mesocosm approach. Methods in Ecology and Evolution.
- Cobourn, K.M., <15 alphabetical authors>, Stachelek J., <4 alphabetical authors>. 2018. From concept to practice to policy: modeling coupled natural and human systems in lake catchments. Ecosphere.
- Stachelek J., Ford, C., Kincaid, D., King, K., Miller, H, and Nagelkirk, R. 2018. The National Eutrophication Survey: lake characteristics and historical nutrient concentrations. Earth Syst. Sci. Data.
- Rougier NP, Hinsen K, <34 alphabetical authors>, Stachelek J. <8 alphabetical authors>. 2017. Sustainable computational science: the ReScience initiative. PeerJ Computer Science. 3:e142
- Soranno P.A., <62 alphabetical authors>, Stachelek J., <15 alphabetical authors>. 2017. LAGOS-NE: A multi-scaled geospatial and temporal database of lake ecological context and water quality for thousands of U.S. lakes. Gigascience.
- Hollister J and Stachelek J. 2017. lakemorpho: Calculating lake morphometry metrics in R [version 1; referees: 2 approved]. F1000Research.
- Stachelek J. 2016. [Re] Least-cost modelling on irregular landscape graphs. ReScience. 2(1): 1-4.
- Stachelek J. and Madden C.J. 2015. Application of Inverse Path Distance Weighting for high density spatial mapping of coastal water quality patterns. International Journal of Geographical Information Science.
- Stachelek J. and Dunton K.H. 2013. Freshwater inflow requirements for the Nueces Delta, Texas: Spartina alterniflora as an indicator of ecosystem condition. Texas Water Journal. 4(2), 62-73.
In-Prep (manuscripts available upon request)
- Stachelek J., Madden, C.J., Kelly, S.P, Blaha, M. Fine-scale relationships between phytoplankton abundance and environmental drivers in Florida Bay, USA.
- Park, S.R., Stachelek, J., Dunton K.H. Photosynthesis and drought resilience in three emergent vascular plant species common to marshes of the western Gulf of Mexico.
- Stachelek J, Ford C, Kincaid D, King K, Miller H, Nagelkirk R. 2017. The National Eutrophication Survey: lake characteristics and historical nutrient concentrations. KNB Data Repository. http://dx.doi.org/10.5063/F10G3H3Z
- Madden C, Stachelek J, Kelly S, Blaha M. 2017. Florida Bay water quality estimated by underway flow-through measurement. KNB Data Repository. http://dx.doi.org/10.5063/F11R6NGR
Software package development (https://github.com/jsta)
LAGOSNE: Interface to the Lake Multi-Scaled Geospatial and Temporal Database https://github.com/cont-limno/LAGOSNE
wikilake: Scrape Lake Metadata Tables from Wikipedia https://github.com/jsta/wikilake
dbhydroR: Everglades Hydrologic and Water Quality Data from R https://github.com/ropensci/dbhydroR
ipdw: Interpolation by Inverse Path Distance Weighting https://github.com/jsta/ipdw
rnoaa: ‘NOAA’ Weather Data from R. https://github.com/ropensci/rnoaa
lakemorpho: Lake Morphometry Metrics in R. https://github.com/USEPA/lakemorpho